Are You A Candidate?
With one solution, EndoBarrier Therapy can help decrease blood sugar and body weight. Are you a patient who:
- Is not pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, over the one-year therapy period?
- Has been unable to manage your type 2 diabetes with medication or lifestyle modifications?
- Is concerned about a medication regimen dictating your lifestyle?
- Worries about diabetes medication side effects such as weight gain or hypoglycemia (blood sugar dropping below normal levels which can cause dizziness or light-headedness, anxiety, weakness)?
- Wants to avoid bariatric surgery due to the risks involved?
- Has a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30?
- Is over 18 years of age?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to these questions, a medical consultation will be the next step in determining if EndoBarrier Therapy is right for you. During your medical consultation, be sure to discuss the following with your doctor:
- Any current or recent illnesses
- All medications you are taking
- Any risks associated with the therapy that may be of concern to you
- The composition of your EndoBarrier Therapy healthcare team
- Frequency of follow-up visits
- How to maximize the benefits of this treatment