A Single Solution
The EndoBarrier liner is a thin flexible tube that is placed inside your intestine (below your stomach) creating a physical barrier between the intestinal wall and the food you eat. The liner is flexible and moves with your body after placement. There are no incisions needed in the placement or removal of the EndoBarrier liner.
Once the liner is placed most patients report they begin to experience results within two weeks. These results include:
- Reduced blood sugar (‘blood glucose’) levels
- Feelings of fullness (your doctor may refer to this feeling as ‘satiety’)
- Weight loss
Are You A Candidate?
With one solution, EndoBarrier Therapy may help dramatically decrease blood sugar and body weight. Are you . . .
- Unable to manage your type 2 diabetes with medication or lifestyle modifications?
- Concerned about a medication regimen dictating your lifestyle?
- Worried about the side effects of diabetes medications, such as weight gain?
- Wanting to avoid bariatric surgery due to the risks involved?
If so, are you . . .
- Living with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30
- Over 18 years of age
- Not pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, over the one-year therapy period?